Click here for this edition’s Table of Contents
- “Perception and perspective are often the fundamental difference that control human behavior and the quality of our lives” -Tony Robbins
Psychology, Mental Health, Mind Training
1. “In the midst of the widespread support and criticism of psychoanalysis there has been significant progress in its use as a valid approach to treatment. If for no other reason than to gain an important historical perspective on mental health treatment Freud’s psychoanalytical theory is worthy of study.”
2. Fake it till you make it. “People using self-talk, for example telling yourself “I can do better next time” – performed better than the control group in every portion of the task.”
3. Curiosity – the bias killer. “Neither intelligence nor education can stop you from forming prejudiced opinions – but an inquisitive attitude may help you make wiser judgements.” Maybe we should focus on the questions and creating the curiosity/knowledge gap?
4. A study confirming why the practice of letting things go and being in the here and now can help improve mental health and well being. “A 2016 study published in Clinical Psychological Science utilized transdiagnostic theory to reveal that rumination, the act of obsessing on negative experiences, is correlated with a host of psychological conditions.” Continue reading “Late Summer Hits 2016: Psychology, Neuroscience, & Pain”